You may want to consider the options of the best pregnancy pillow for SPD, especially if you suffer from the issue. SPD or Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction is a collective symptom causing discomfort and pain within the pelvic area.
It generally takes place during pregnancy when the pelvic joints move unevenly or become stiff. Also known as Pelvic Girdle Pain, this issue can happens to the back and also front side of the pelvis.
Although such a condition isn’t affecting the babies, it affects you – sometimes to the extreme extent affecting your mobility. The symptoms may be different from one person to another, but in general, they are:
- Causing pain in the lower back, perineum (the region between the vagina and anus), or on the front center side of the pubic bone
- Existing pain in the thighs
- Clicking or grinding sound within the pelvic area
- Causing pain when using stairs, walking, turning over (in bed), or widening the legs, causing difficulty when you want to get in (or out) of the car, get dressed, or get out of the bed.
SPD can cause sleeping to be uncomfortable. That’s why pregnancy pillows are created. They can at least alleviate the pain and discomfort so you can rest better at night.
Pregnancy Pillow for SPD Comparison
|AngQi Full||15.91x12.4x6.5 inches||Premium Cotton||See details at Amazon|
|Leachco Back 'N Belly||51x33.5x8.75 inches||Polyester, Cotton, 35% Cotton||See details at Amazon|
|QUEEN ROSE||55x31x7.8 inches||Polyester||See details at Amazon|
|Restorology 60||18x14x8 inches||Cotton||See details at Amazon|
|Leachco Snoogle Original||60x24.8x7.2 inches||Phthalate Free, Latex Free, Lead Free, BPA Free||See details at Amazon|
|Moonlight Comfort-U||16.9x16.1x13.5 inches||Microfiber||See details at Amazon|
|Meiz Full Body||19.69x15.16x4.72 inches||Polyfill||See details at Amazon|
|Bambinii||26.5x11.5x11 inches||Microfiber||See details at Amazon|
|COMFYSURE||19x11.5x11 inches||Polyester & Polyester Blend||See details at Amazon|
|NiDream Bedding||24.02x19.41x4.8 inches||Outer pillowcase:100% soft cotton||See details at Amazon|
Reviews of 10 Best Pregnancy Pillows for SPD in 2020
1. AngQi Full Pregnancy Pillow
There are many things to like about the pillow. First of all, it comes with U-shape design so you don’t need to have several pillows anymore. The convenient design helps you to sleep comfortably, and it is also long enough to provide solid support for stretching or turning.
It is plush and soft, with enough fluffiness for long lasting use. The material cover is hypoallergenic and breathable. Another thing to like about this pillow is its ability to clean easily – and it is also compatible with the machine.
- The pillow has a good balance and combination of being plush and nice firmness at the same time
- The pillow is somewhat having multifunctional benefits that can help you in every activity that you do, such as reading, watching TV, nursing, and sleeping.
- This pillow can be used by almost everyone, including overweight people and seniors. Even athletes use it to promote better comfort
- You need to give it enough time to gain its fluffiness as it will look limp when you first open it
2. Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pregnancy Pillow
This is another alternative for the best pregnancy pillow for SPD that will make sure that you will stay comfortable during your sleep. With this pillow, you won’t need many pillows to support different areas of the body.
Simply use this one pillow and you can enjoy a good night sleep. Thanks to the inner contour which was constructed and created to follow the curvy shape of the body, you can rest assured that you won’t experience pain or discomfort anymore.
- The nice design provides good and solid support while sleeping, ensuring that your belly and back are both supported at the same time
- The organic cover is made from 100% cotton and also fiber
- The cover is removable to provide easy removal and cleaning
- Be aware of odd stitching. It creates odd design to this pillow, which will make it uncomfortable to use
3. Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow
As a pregnancy pillow, this one is created with so many beneficial features and trait that will make it super comfy for expecting moms. The ergonomically design and the unique shape can provide a solid support for you.
As the design is made to follow the natural shape of the body (especially pregnant moms’ body), it offers good support and somewhat plush accommodation. The pillow is also long and big enough so that you can stretch conveniently – and yet your sleeping partner won’t be stuffed or cramped with the pillow.
- The cover is soft and durable, and it is also washable. It is compatible with the washing machine
- This one pillow can replace many other pillows – and you can be sure that the comfort remains premium
- Not only you can use this pillow during your pregnancy, but you can also use it when you have back pain. So, it offers flexible use for everyone
- Using the pillow can make you feel warm, so if you don’t want to get hot while sleeping, it’s better that you sleep without any blanket
4. Restorology 60 Pregnancy Pillow
If you want the best pregnancy pillow for SPD, this one would satisfy you to the highest level. Everything about the pillow is lovable.
The design is nice and supportive. You no longer have to use many pillows here and there – only to push or kick them aside when you are sleeping. No, this pillow is firm and it is designed to stay.
Whenever you stretch or move or turn, the pillow will stay and it won’t even move further away. With comfortable support on the neck and head, you will enjoy your sleep.
And then the solid support on the back and the belly is just heaven! You will never sleep better.
- The pillow is somewhat firm and yet soft and plush with just enough comfy support
- The construction and shape are truly convenient
- The material is breathable
- It creates somewhat warm feeling when you use it
- The pillow is big enough, but it doesn’t take over the whole bed – unless you have small bed
5. Leachco Snoogle Original Pregnancy Pillow
Looking for an oversized pillow that can support both your front side as well as the back side? This one would be the most ideal fit for you. With the U-shape design, you can definitely enjoy a good rest and a quality good night sleep without having to worry about any pain or discomfort.
The U-shape design and the big size fluff construction would make it super ideal for comfortable sleeping without having to use so many pillows here and there anymore.
- Not only this pillow can provide a solid and nice support, but you won’t have to worry about it being lumpy or clumpy or getting flat after frequent use
- The pillow provides great cradle that will eliminate the needs of turning and tossing
- It also helps to keep your shoulders, neck, hips, and back aligned during your sleep so the possibility of pain or discomfort can be minimized
- Some people experience defect item where their pillows shred and torn into a half after only several months of use. If you experience such a thing, contact Amazon immediately and use your rights of the warranty.
6. Moonlight Comfort-U Pregnancy Pillow
This is another comfortable pillow that is actually perfect for anyone, including pregnant moms and overweight people. The pillow provides solid comfort with firm and yet also plush feel that is just right for the users.
You simply use it by making use of the U-shape design and voila! You will love the feel, the contour, and the support provided by it. No wonder if it is included in the list of the best pregnancy pillow for SPD.
- The pillow has the right length and also the right support
- It is big and yet not too expansive or too wide that will take the whole space in your bed
- The material is safe and comfortable. It is breathable with good air circulation
- It has all the right supports on important joints, so you can be sure to stay comfy and away from any pain during your sleep
- Some users experience flimsy construction where the pillow just tore and shred after several months of use.
7. Meiz Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
If you are looking for an extra soft, extra plush, and extra exclusive pillow that will make your sleeps bearable and even heavenly, this would be the most ideal item. The filling material is premium. It is scent free, adjustable, and soft, but it also provides a nice firmness that creates good support feeling.
Thanks to the hollow fiber filling, the pillow is super nice for side sleeping without compromising the fluffiness. The cover is breathable with velvet outer cover, just in case you want to create an elegant and exclusive look.
- The cover is removable and also washable so you can maintain good cleanliness without any fuss
- The pillow is designed in a good construction to address joint issues. Not only pregnant moms, but almost everyone, especially those with joint problems, can use this pillow.
- It removes all the discomfort and pain, promoting better and higher quality sleeping
- The construction is super nice for solid support on both front and also back areas
- There hasn’t been any negative comment about this pillow so far
8. Bambinii Pregnancy Pillow
As one of the best pregnancy pillow for SPD, this pillow promotes multifunctional use that you can enjoy for all activities that you do. It has contoured design that follows the body contour just nicely.
As a result, it provides good support for the belly, neck, and back – and you can do whatever you want with it, like nursing, sleeping, reading, and others.
The U-shape design is made to embrace your body and every part of it to alleviate any discomfort or pain. And with its generous size, you can stretch out conveniently.
- This is a pillow perfect for all kinds of sleepers: side, back, or even stomach sleeper
- Even with your belly grows every day, the pillow won’t get in the way. It, in fact, provides the needed support so you can rest comfortably and conveniently
- The pillow is a multifunctional device that can be used by everyone, not limited to pregnant moms only
- There hasn’t been any negative review about the pillow so far
9. Comfysure Pregnancy Pillow
This pillow has beneficial features, including multifunctional positions. You can turn it into a reading cushion or a lounging seat to watch TV.
With good lumbar support, this pillow can address joints issues and prevent aches and discomfort related to common pregnancy issues. In short, you won’t only use it as a sleeping pillow, but you can also use it for almost every activity that you do.
With nice support for the neck, arm, shoulders, back, and also hips, you won’t have to worry about any sleeping problems. Rest assured that your back and belly would be supported well.
- The pillow has a very nice and solid support
- It is also compatible with the machine despite the big size
- The plush pillow is comfy and the hypoallergenic trait is great for people with skin issues or sensitive skin
- The shape won’t stay as the stuffing keeps shifting around
10. NiDream Bedding Pregnancy Pillow
If you want a pillow that can support your body and help you promote better sleep, this product would be one of the best options available. It is big and wide, and it allows you to stretch out comfortably without causing any pain.
- The pillow is good to prevent liver oppression, back pain, leg swelling, and also tossing and turning
- It is made from premium material, such as brushed fabric, premium polyester filling, and 100% cotton outer soft case. It won’t collapse easily.
- You can clean it easily, thanks to its easy removal and also its compatibility with the washing machine
- Also, you can remove the other pillows. You won’t need other pillows for support as this one pillow is already enough
- The pillow is pretty big, which can take up your entire side of the bed – but not to the other side where your sleeping partner is using
How to Choose a Pregnancy Pillow – The Beginner’s Guide
The pillow comes in various sizes, including the full length or the partial ones. Some people want the full length type, while the others prefer the shorter ones
Some pillows are created for overall body support and use. Some, however, are created to support a specific area only, such as wedge pillow for back regions only
Depending on the size and shape, there are actually different types of the pregnancy pillows. The wedge is smaller and compact, usually used for supporting the back or legs.
The total body pillow is the one discussed in this article. It comes in either U-shape or C-shape to support the whole body and two sides of the body.
The full length is almost similar to the total body but the full length only supports one side of the body. Most people say that it is similar to the regular pillow, but longer.
The bean is compact and similar, used during a nap or between the knees or on the lower back when sitting on the office chair. The inflatable pillow features simple portability.
The filling are various, such as wool, inflated air, micro beads, polyester fibers, and memory foam.
In the term of fabrication, there are some materials used to make this pillow i.e. cotton fabric, velvet or silk. Therefore most women choose cotton fabric because of its appearance and comfortableness. Cotton is soft enough to use.
That’s why a cotton pregnancy pillow is the best option for on-the-budget options. While velvet is thicker and feels stiflingly hot when used, although the material is thicker and furry but not good for pregnant women. Silk is also cool but it is not as affordable as you think.
6. Sleep Position and Trimester
They are related, really. You can still sleep on your tummy on the first trimester, but you won’t be able to do it on the second. By the time you reach the third trimester, sleeping on your back is no longer possible, forcing you to sleep more on your side. Whether you need a full length or the total body, it depends on your sleeping position.
TambaWhen talking about colors, it talks about self-taste. Not all people have similar preferences. But women or moms prefer colorful or bright colors like green, limes, oranges, white etc. But if you feel lazy or even seldom wash it, try dark color can manipulate dust and dirt.
8. Your Budget
As mentioned above, for on the budget option, we allow you to choose cotton pregnancy pillows. There are so many places that sell them, even much offered in the internet. The second option is furry pillows made by velvet because of its thick materials, furry and long lasting enough. Then, avoid choosing pregnancy pillows for SPD from synthetic materials because of its noisy effect when used, while silk is good but the most expensive.
From all of these elements, you should be able to determine which pillow would be the best for you. Hopefully, all of these facts and info can help you pick the best pregnancy pillow for SPD from these candidates of products.